Monday, January 4, 2010

Ringing in the New Year!

Wow, I can't believe it's 2010! Where does the time go? We had a blast ringing in the new year with some of our new friends! We are so thankful for them. It was Kenny & I along with 3 other families. There was tons of junk food, games, music & more junk food!
We've been trying to get out & experience Japan more. This weekend our friends the Miners took us to Showa park. It is a huge park with tons of Japanese gardens, playgrounds & all sorts of other things to do. It used to be a military base, if that helps you understand how big this place is. Since it is so big, we rented bikes to ride around the park. Well, the Japanese people did not design their bicycles for my 6'2" husband...It was hilarious to see him on that thing!!! He was either hitting his knees on the handlebars, the bell or trying to peddle with his knees outside of the handlebars. At one point, we had stopped to the the Miners' girl (and us) play at one of the playgrounds. We were getting back on our bikes & there was a Japanese family pointing & laughing at Kenny trying to ride his bike. Unfortunately, I was too busy laughing & trying not to fall off of my own bike to capture this on camera. Hopefully there will be another opportunity for this!
Here is my 1st attempt at adding pictures to a post....let's see if this works
Lora, Amanda, Me & Hillary

Kenny & I with the Japanese drummers


Me, Amanda & her girls on the "rolly slide"



Kenny & I at Showa Park
















4 comments:

Fiery Ferret said...

Sounds like ya'll are having fun! Happy New Year!!!

Lyndsey said...

You did a great job posting pics!!!!! Now there are no more excuses.....you have to post pics more frequently!

Bierman Adventures said...

Lynds, it only took me an hour & 2 re-typings of the entire post, but I made it. Haha!

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute pic of you & Kenny! Loved seeing the pictures!