Monday, June 10, 2013

Ready Or Not, Here We Go...

We're going to America!  Yep, that's right, after living in Japan for the last 3 1/2 years it is time for us to pack up our house and move back to the good ol' USA.  I have learned that things are never 100% for sure in the Air Force until it is happening, so I am going to say that we are 90% sure that we will be leaving Japan on June 20.  =)  There are very few things that could delay us, but it is always possible. 

Last week was a bit of a rough one at the Bierman house.  Poor Austin was the most sick that he has been in his short little life.  It started on Tuesday with croup, and then turned into pneumonia by Wednesday.  I loved all of the extra snuggles, but it absolutely broke my heart to see my little man so sick.  To add to the excitement of the week, Kenny called on Tuesday and said that we were going to be leaving Japan in 2 1/2 weeks!  That meant that at the time I had a little less than 2 weeks to get my house ready for the movers to come pack it away.  YIKES!!!  While we knew this day was coming, it was still a bit of a shock when it finally came.  I am overcome with emotions right now.  We are so excited to be back in the States, and can not wait to see our family & friends again!  At the same time, my heart is so sad to be leaving my Yokota family.  Words can not express how amazing these people are!  I am sad to leave the home that we brought our son home from the hospital to, and the friends that have known him his whole life. 

The million dollar question is, "Where are you going?"  Well, in a little twist we are heading back to Little Rock for a while.  Kenny is still on active duty while we are awaiting the results of an appeal on part of the MEB results.  The Air Force is medically PCSing (permanent change of station) us to Little Rock while we wait for these results.  As soon as we get the answer back, we will separate from the military.  We are so excited about the doors that God has opened for us!  Kenny will be starting the Walton MBA program at the University of Arkansas in January!  We are extremely excited about this opportunity. 

I know this is a bit of a random post, but my brain is just working that way these days.  I have a million things running through my head, and I am doing my best to keep half of them straight.  Get ready Arkansas, we will see you soon!!! 

No comments: