Thursday, December 17, 2009

Can't sleep...

So it's 12:30 am here in Japan...after laying in bed for almost 2 hours trying to go to sleep I figured it was time to get up for a while. It's incredibly frustrating to be so tired, but can't get to sleep. Unfortunately, this has happened the past few nights.
Things are still going well here, although this week has been a little tough for me just thinking about Christmas coming up. I absolutely love the holidays! Spending time with family, cooking, buying gifts for people, Christmas music, the lights, the smells and most importantly the ultimate reason why we celebrate the birth of our Lord & Savior! It just doesn't feel quite like Christmas yet to me. Yes, we got to celebrate the holidays with our families before we left Arkansas, but I've still been pretty sad thinking about not being with them next week. I know Kenny & I will have fun. It's just a little tough that this is my 1st Christmas in all my 29 years to not be in Little Rock, Arkansas with my family. Please pray that this time will be a smooth transition for me & that I will be able to enjoy the holidays.
Other than being a little homesick at the moment, everything is great. Kenny is slowly starting to get into the swing of things at work. He won't really start getting busy & flying much until January. So it's kinda nice to have him easing into it, that means he's home a little more right now. =)
Well, I guess that's all for now...

1 comment:

Fiery Ferret said...

*hugs* I'm sorry you are having trouble sleeping. You can always call Tommy and have him talk about math to put you to sleep. :)