Thursday, February 4, 2010

Here lately...

There hasn't been a whole lot new going on here in Japan lately. Tomorrow I'm heading to Yokosuka to go shopping with some girls. Yokosuka is one of our naval bases here in Japan. It's just nice to leave Yokota every once in a while.

Next week Kenny & I are taking our first trip since we've been here. We are heading to the mountains to go skiing! I'm so excited. We are going to Nagano!!! I love the Olympics & am super excited to see where the were here in Japan.

We had our first snow a couple of days ago. I'll leave you with a couple of pictures, but before I do I have some good news....I'll be home for a visit 1 month from today!!!!!



View from our balcony (the netting is put up by the base to keep the birds out)




And I obviously didn't take this last one, but I think it's a pretty cool picture! It's a C-130 flying in front of Mt. Fuji...


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so what are the chances of me getting to see you on your visit home? :) how long will you be home?

Jennifer said...

What an experience! Have fun skiing Nagano! Awesome!

Bierman Adventures said...

I think your chances might be pretty good Jo. I'll be there for a little over 2 weeks. =)

We can't wait Jennifer! I'll be sure to take lots of pictures!

ER said...

jealous about your ski trip! have fun

Lyndsey said...

Be careful skiing!!!!! No broken bones or torn stuff while you are in Japan.