Thursday, February 25, 2010

One Week!

I am so totally excited that I will be on my way to Arkansas one week from today!!!!!!! I can't wait to see my family and friends. I also can't wait to have some BBQ, good pizza & Mexican food! Sounds like I have my priorities in order right? =) Originally I was going to be going to AR while Kenny was going to be on a 3 week trip, but his plans changed. He is now heading to Texas for training on Sunday. The class he is going to finishes up the day I get there, so he has taken a few extra days off & will be in LR for a few days too. I get the best of both worlds, Arkansas & my husband at the same time!

I get to be home for my Dad's 60th Birthday (Bill's getting old)! I also get to be at my sweet niece Caroline's baby dedication. I hate missing out on the big things that happen with my family, but that also makes me so much more thankful for the times I will get to be there. While I am glad to be coming home, it's kinda funny because I'm a little sad to be leaving my life here for a few weeks. I know that I will miss my "Yokota Family". God has truly blessed us here!

Speaking of people getting older....we had a big birthday at our house this past weekend. Kenny hit the big 3-0!! We celebrated by having a party at the house with some of our friends. I don't know when the last time was I laughed so much. We had about 10 girls piled around the table just talking, laughing & eating while the guys played darts & hovered over the food in the kitchen. We had an absolute blast!

Well, that's about all I know right now. Please pray for traveling safety for Kenny & I this coming week. He will be flying to TX on Sunday & I will leave for AR on Thursday (technically Saturday & Wednesday in the states). I have never been on that long of a flight in my life & I'm a little nervous about doing it by myself. Pray that I can sleep some on the plane. I usually cant, & that will make for some brutal jet lag if I don't. Have a great week! I hope to see some of you soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY! I'm sooo glad you get to come home and spend time with your family! I know you'll have lots of people to see, but let me know if you have time for me!!! Love you!