Monday, March 29, 2010

I'm Still Here!

Don't worry, I'm still here! The last month has been a kinda hectic, but great. I got to spend 3 weeks in Arkansas with my family & friends. I'm so thankful for the time I got to be with them. Kenny was with me at the beginning of the trip. We spent the few days he was there spending time with our families & enjoying Arkansas! We surprised Bek's kids for lunch the 1st day, and they were so excited to see Uncle Kenny (I was an afterthought at this point). It was so fun to see the looks on their faces!!!

Once Kenny left, I began the tour of Little Rock to hang out with family & friends. Mom & I even escaped to Branson for some shopping one night. It was so nice to actually go into stores that sold American sizes! Ha!

Some of the big highlights of the trip were that we got to host a baby shower for one of my dearest friends, Lyndsey. Baby Amelia will be joining us in less than a month! We literally had people from all over the world at the shower. Lyndsey came in from Atlanta, Laura from Dallas, Jennifer from Benlomond, Me from Japan & Kambry from London. It was so fun to see so many of my lifelong friends in one place! The next day I got to be of the dedication of my newest niece, Caroline. I'm so thankful that Rebekah was able to schedule it when I would be home! I would've been so sad to miss that. And last but certainly not least, we got to celebrate my Daddy's 60th Birthday! You would never look at my Dad & think he is 6o. I have been blessed with the best parents in the world!

The rest of my time was spent hanging out with great friends in Little Rock. I loved it!

Eventually, it was time to come home and surprisingly...I was ready! Japan is my home now with Kenny. I never thought that I would feel as comfortable & settled as I do here. God has blessed me with an amazing husband & some awesome friends here that I wouldn't trade for anything! Don't get my wrong, I have days that I get "homesick" and I always miss my family terribly, but I love my life here. I think we all know that for this Little Rock girl, that is truly an act of God. He has been so good to me.

Wow, I think I've rambled enough for one day. I'll try to post some pictures of my trip to Little Rock in the next couple of days. I'll also try to be better about keeping up with my blog. We are looking forward to spring weather here in Japan, & the blooming of the cherry blossoms. I hear they are beautiful here on base! Definitely pictures to come of that! Have an awesome week!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Glad you got to come home! I love reading about you and Kenny. Glad things are going well for you there.

Bierman Adventures said...

I'm glad you like reading them. We never know what we are going to see over here! It was so nice to be home for a bit, but I was ready to come back home. =)