Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What a year!

One year ago today, I married my best friend! In some ways it seems like this year has flown by but, in other ways it has been a long year. I told Kenny that if we made it through all the craziness of this year, we can make it through anything!!!! For those of you that don't know...Kenny was in severe back pain when we got married. He ended up having surgery in January, 3 days after our reception. The surgery postponed our original move date of March. The same day he had surgery, my Mimi fell. I had him in surgery & her in the emergency room. Not a good day to say the least! For a while we thought we were losing Mimi, but she is doing very well now. After we got through all of that, we helped keep Bek's kids for a week while they were out of town. This summer Kenny went to Hawaii for a week, came home for 5 days then had to go to Alabama for 6 weeks. All of this time they kept telling us that we were moving about every 2 months. Once Kenny got the clear to fly again (6 months after surgery), he got crazy busy at work. I don't think he's stopped much since then! Finally, the movers came about 3 weeks ago, & we are Japan bound in 1 month!
Like I said, it has been a crazy year, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I can't imagine having gone through this past year without my husband!
I love you honey! I am so incredibly proud of you! I can't wait to see what the next 50 years have to bring us.....

No comments: